Robinson Counseling Center
The Robinson Counseling Center (RCC), an affiliate agency of the Children's Service Center,
provides private counseling services and medication management for adults in three locations:
Wilkes-Barre, Tunkhannock, and Honesdale.
Named in honor of Dr. J. Franklin Robinson, former Medical Director of the Children's Service
Center, therapists from The Robinson Counseling Center work with adults, on an outpatient basis, seeking assistance with a wide range of emotional, social, and psychological issues using
evidence-based therapies when appropriate.
*The Robinson Counseling Center accepts most insurances and is licensed by the Pennsylvania Office
of Mental Health and Substance Abuse. For more information or to schedule an appointment please
- Wilkes-Barre - SUD Services: 570-301-0935
- Wilkes-Barre - Adult Outpatient Services: 570-825-6425
- Tunkhannock: 570-836-2795
- Honesdale: 570-253-0321
An integrated health care organization that provides quality psychological health services for
adults and families and assists in changing lives in a safe and caring environment.
All therapeutic services are administered under the direction of Board Certified Psychiatrists and
conducted by Certified Physician Assistants and Licensed Therapists.
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Family Counseling
- SUD Services
- Adult Blended Case Management
- HOPE (Helping to Overcome Psychosis Early)
- Medication Management
- Medications are used to treat the symptoms patients commonly experience from mental
or emotional problems. Medication can help the consumer live a fulfilling life. Medication
management helps to minimize side effects of psychotropic medications while reinforcing
the effectiveness of medications and patient compliance with treatment recommendations.
- Integrated Medical Services
- The Robinson Counseling Center is an affiliate of the Children's Service Center's
Integrated Health Care program that provides on-site, integrated physical, mental, and
pharmaceutical health services at its Wilkes-Barre location.
Reasons to Seek Counseling
People seek therapy for a wide variety of reasons, from coping with major life challenges, to dealing with
depression or simply desiring personal growth and greater self-knowledge. Many can benefit from professional
counseling and therapy. Professional counseling enables clients to resolve issues and achieve treatment goals
by providing guidance and support.
Among the reasons to seek professional counseling are:
- Grief & Transition
- Divorce/Relationship Issues
- Anxiety & Stress
- Suicidal Thoughts/Self Harm
- Self-esteem Issues
Therapy provides enormous benefit to those suffering from diagnosable mental illness including:
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexuality Issues
- Provide timely access to appointments; no referral is needed. We strive to schedule appointments within one
week of the initial call.
- Avoid costly hospitalization.
- Provide the highest quality of care.
- Result in client and family satisfaction.
When you decide to visit the RCC, you will do so in a private, confidential setting. Discussions with counselors are
protected by law.